Soup, Broth and Chili
How you warm up your Soups, Broths, and Chilis?
Different Methods of Defrosting/ Heating
Soups, Chilis and Broth
- Overnight in fridge
- Microwave; Remove container lid, partly cover with lid. Use 30% power 3 to 5 min, stirring halfway. Continue to heat 3 to 5 min, stirring half way, until product melted/slushy. Container will be Hot – ensure removing container with heat resistant gloves.
- Warm Bath: Place container in large pot or kitchen sink filled with warm water. Let sit till starts to melt, product separates away from container sides, approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
Defrost using any of methods outlined above.
Stove top: Use low to medium heat, stir frequently till reaches desired temperature (simmering)
Microwave Method: After melted/slushy consistency, 1 minute on high power, stirring frequently, continue 1 minute on high power till desired temperature (simmering). Container will be Hot – ensure removing container with heat resistant gloves.
With all methods, please make sure that the soup is reheated until it is piping hot. Bring to a boil by stirring consistently.
Smoked Entrees & Sauerkraut
How you warm up the Smoked Entrees & Sauerkraut?
To warm up for serving, Always Thaw before heating. Heat in a covered heat proof container.
Before cooking, add liquids (¼ to 1/3 cup) to entrees
As BBQ sauce, broth, stock, fruit juice, gravy, etc. for moisture when heating.
Add sauce, gravy, as desired when serving.
- Oven: preheat oven to 300F. Add liquid. Bake for 30 Stir Pulled Pork, Mushroom medley and Sauerkraut every 10 minutes.
- BBQ Grill: preheat grill to 170 F. Wrap in foil or use Grill proof covered baking proof dish. Add liquid. Allow 20 minutes for half package or 45 minutes for full package. If using Foil wrap, turn package halfway through cooking time.
- Microwave: Use a covered microwave container. Add 1/3 cup of liquid. Heat at low to medium (depending on microwavestrength) for 5 to 10 minutes, until warmed through.
- Crockpot/Slow cooker: Add liquid. Use slow, low temperature of 185 f to 200F and heat for approximately 4 hours.
- Skillet or Stove Top: Heat skillet/pan to medium temperature, add entrée, addTablespoon or two of liquid, heat quickly, stirring frequently or flipping product over halfway.
How long will my Thawed Soups From Me To You products last in the refrigerator?
How long will my Soups From Me To You products last in the freezer?
Recommended no more than 3 to 4 months. Ice crystals may form on the product and may affect taste.